2.16.2008

A Visit

Today when I woke up, it was thundering. With no alarm to dictate the beginning of a morning routine I was able to lay there and soak it in. Thunder calms me. It reminds me of the God who sends the storms into the sky. It's deep, rolling, bass symphony speaks to my soul like no other can. It always takes me into the mountains, to the smell of pine and to the freedom I feel when surrounded by creation. The crisp, refreshing air of nature then filled my lungs almost as if I were there again. Oh.. how I long to live in a place where I can breathe in air like this every day and to be able to step out on my back porch and it feel like home. That's where I desire to be. In that moment I wished I could photograph it, or paint it, or catch this dream like feeling so that it wouldn't fade. I wanted to hold onto it as long as I could.

Then the peace of God settled around me and in me as the rains came pouring from the sky. Oh, how refreshing! I love the God I serve and special moments like these when something as ordinary as a gentle, morning thunderstorm directs my heart to Him again. Then He spoke to me saying.. "My child, I know the desires of your heart, and I long to take you to a place like this, but be patient because your time will come. I AM refreshing. I AM renewing. I AM eternal. I AM."